Saturday 13 August 2011

Just Tell Me the Truth....

No mirror.  I called the glass shop on Tue, Wed & Fri to ask if the mirror was cut.  on Tue & Wed I had a very hard time getting any real answer - we're short staffed, their working on it, should be soon.  On Friday the receptionist said that the technician was nervous about cutting it and he had left the job for the manager who tried to finish up these jobs on Saturdays when it was a bit quieter.  This is all fine and understandable but she could have just said that on Tuesday.  Why the vagueness, it's not like we're dating.  I've tried every day this week to arrange a time for my son to come over to help install it and to take both of my kids out for dinner and it was impossible.

I'm at their mercy, if they are that busy then they probably don't need this piddly job and the stress but c'mon people just say it'll take a week or two weeks, when I dropped it off last Friday I was told that it might be ready the next day.  I have done as much as I can in the bathroom but I have no finished product to show you yet.  I know, I'm excited to see it all done too!

I installed the towel bars and that should be easy but it was a bit more challenging than it needed to be.   I installed it to the measurements in the directions to discover that the measurement was wrong.

TIP: there was a very small alan key included with the towel bar that you have to use to screw in this miniature screw in the bottom of the bar to hold it tight to the bracket on the wall.  When I have small pieces like this that I might need sometime in the future I like to put them along with the instructions into a ziploc bag.  In this case I will just leave it in a drawer in the bathroom.  It would be very difficult to get them off without this little tool if you ever wanted to replace them .

I have all kinds of projects up my sleeve and will fill time while I wait for the mirror.

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the slowest glass cutter of them all.......

No comments:

Post a Comment